Regular or one-off lessons are available either online via Zoom or at my home studio in Woolwich in South-East London. These are available to both clarinettists and also composers who need help and feedback with their work, and can be booked quickly and fuss-free via the Calendly app below.
For clarinet players, things you might consider working on in your lessons:
- Extended techniques (circular breathing, slap tongue, multiphonics, quarter tones and other microtones – basically anything you’ve seen on my blog that you’d like to be able to do)
- Working on your improvisation skills
- Graphic Scores
- Contemporary repertoire (you can see the solo repertoire I’m most familiar with, but I’m happy for you to bring anything to your lesson, so long as you send me a PDF of the score).
- Chamber music coaching (if you want to bring your ensemble/pianist for a lesson to my home studio, that would be wonderful – I have a beautiful August Förster baby grand for them to play on).
- Breath work, voicing, posture
- Advice about the music industry, about building a ‘portfolio career’
- Advice on studying – where to do it, who else to study with, etc.
Rates for clarinet players are are as follows:
- initial consultation/one-off lesson, £55 (1 hour)
- 45 minute follow up lesson, £40
- A block of five 45-minute lessons is available for £180
- Chamber music coaching, £80 (90 minutes)
Composers, you might consider booking a session with me if:
- You’re unsure if you’ve notated something well for clarinet, or if it’s idiomatic or comfortable to play
- You’d like to explore a technique you’ve seen on my blog in more detail
- You want to write creatively with multiphonics and need some help or need to hear them first
- You just want someone to look at your solo piece and give some detailed feedback
- £40 for a half-hour session (with 15 minutes of looking at your score before our session if you send it to me in advance)
It is very easy to book a lesson with me now through Calendly, just select a time that works for you.