Donate with Paypal
22. July 2017 – Thierry Tidrow Portrait Concert in Lauenberg, Germany.
24. July 2017 – set with composer Patricia Alessandrini at Cafe Oto, London.
4.-17. September 2017 – hand werk on tour in Israel
29. September 2017 – hand werk play COMMUNIO in Zürich, Switzerland
3. October 2017 – solo show in Gothenburg, Sweden
6. October 2017 – solo show in Copenhagen, Denmark
27. October 2017 – duo recital with Eva Zöllner at York University, UK.
- The son of my oldest friend in this world, rocking his cape at her PhD graduation.. <3 twitter.com/UofT/status/92… 1 day ago
- RT @alittleprint: I invite marginalized writers, particular black, brown, Asian, First Nations, mixed-race people to share their experience… 1 day ago
- Beers with two of my best friends tonight and then THUNDERCAT. So excited. Everybody wants to be a cat, it's cool to be a cat (mew mew mew). 2 days ago
Author Archives: heatherroche
An article I wrote, “Communicative movement in contemporary chamber music: hand werk in the rehearsal of pieces by Thierry Tidrow and Georgia Koumará” has been published by Divergence Press. You can read it here. Looking forward to feedback and discussion … Continue reading
First, a couple of general rules for pitch bending on multiphonics: * The highest audible pitch is the one being bent, and the pitch is always bend downwards, never up. * Bending a multiphonic often has an effect on its … Continue reading
A quick one for you today… Went and saw John Butcher play last night, and he was using this technique, which involves flicking or tapping the reed with the right hand while holding down different keys with the left hand, … Continue reading
Today’s topic is one of the most beautiful bass clarinet multiphonic effects: the underblown multiphonic. Basically, to create the effect, we use altissimo fingerings, allowing the lower undertones to sneak back in. This is really a follow up post to … Continue reading