Donate with Paypal
22. July 2017 – Thierry Tidrow Portrait Concert in Lauenberg, Germany.
24. July 2017 – set with composer Patricia Alessandrini at Cafe Oto, London.
4.-17. September 2017 – hand werk on tour in Israel
29. September 2017 – hand werk play COMMUNIO in Zürich, Switzerland
3. October 2017 – solo show in Gothenburg, Sweden
6. October 2017 – solo show in Copenhagen, Denmark
27. October 2017 – duo recital with Eva Zöllner at York University, UK.
- I just got a PR message drawing my attention to the work of Ed Sheeran, sent to my TEMPO e-mail address. Thanks for… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 11 hours ago
- aaah our colleagues from musica nova tel aviv are so nice i just wanna sit in cafés all day with them. 17 hours ago
- I love London, but having time to go to a cafe with a book for half an hour because it doesn't take an hour to get… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
Category Archives: clarinet techniques
One for the bass clarinet players today… I was working on writing up some short exercises to help with working on the altissimo, particularly quarter tones, and thought that actually these might be useful for any advanced bass clarinet students … Continue reading
This post is for composers who, when writing fast passages or tremoli (including quarter tones), aren’t sure what combination of pitches is going to work. The clarinet is tricky in this regard, as there’s no simple way to explain it, … Continue reading
As composers and clarinetists, one thing we know about the clarinet is that its distinctive sound comes in large part from the fact that it only has access to odd partials in the harmonic series. This is all very well … Continue reading
Most of these techniques I’ve covered already, in my post on clarinet articulation. If you look there you’ll find information on tongue rams without the mouthpiece (and with, for that matter), flute embouchure (which only works – for me – … Continue reading
This page is currently undergoing a two-phase reboot. The first phase (now completed) involved remaking all of the image files, fixing any errors I’ve found over the years, tidying up the audio files, and adding proper fingering diagrams (rather than … Continue reading