Donate with Paypal
22. July 2017 – Thierry Tidrow Portrait Concert in Lauenberg, Germany.
24. July 2017 – set with composer Patricia Alessandrini at Cafe Oto, London.
4.-17. September 2017 – hand werk on tour in Israel
29. September 2017 – hand werk play COMMUNIO in Zürich, Switzerland
3. October 2017 – solo show in Gothenburg, Sweden
6. October 2017 – solo show in Copenhagen, Denmark
27. October 2017 – duo recital with Eva Zöllner at York University, UK.
- RT @JackFSheen: Today (I think) I finished a piece for @LCMF_. It’s called ‘Slow motion romantics vol. II’ and will be premiered by @house_… 56 minutes ago
- RT @harrietcdavis: New blog post featuring 5 female musicians who are killing it right now! Ft. @nubya_garcia @Camilla_sax @EspeSpalding @L… 6 hours ago
- On last night's #LateJunction, there was some @fantasticdrfox on the ol' contrabass clarinet. honkhonk. honkhonkhon… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 hours ago
Category Archives: flutter tongue
It’s been a long time since I’ve been able to add something useful to the blog, but I think this will be worth it; not only is this a beautiful effect, but it’s also my very first post on the contrabass clarinet. Composers, try … Continue reading
This is one of the most beautiful multiphonic effects we have at our disposal, and despite having come across them in many pieces, I’ve been surprised that they aren’t better known. I’ve given a few workshops in Denmark in the … Continue reading
In the past, I’ve had a tendency to dismiss or dislike singing and playing, but more recently I’ve come to enjoy it and even start to encourage composers to make use of it. I’m going to slowly rebuild this post … Continue reading
Bit of a monster post for you today, so I won’t waste too much time in introducing it. Basically I’m going to cover all the different ways the tongue and throat can be involved when playing the clarinet. From the basics … Continue reading
I started thinking more seriously about preparing the bass clarinet after Aaron Einbond used it in his (awesome) piece, Resistance, for prepared bass clarinet and live electronics. I originally assumed that it wouldn’t be so useful: one can only prepare the … Continue reading