Donate with Paypal
22. July 2017 – Thierry Tidrow Portrait Concert in Lauenberg, Germany.
24. July 2017 – set with composer Patricia Alessandrini at Cafe Oto, London.
4.-17. September 2017 – hand werk on tour in Israel
29. September 2017 – hand werk play COMMUNIO in Zürich, Switzerland
3. October 2017 – solo show in Gothenburg, Sweden
6. October 2017 – solo show in Copenhagen, Denmark
27. October 2017 – duo recital with Eva Zöllner at York University, UK.
- A @house_apartment shopping list. https://t.co/dpJsii8lKn 4 hours ago
- Strange though this might sound, my sausage sandwich consumption has gone up significantly since I gave up meat. 1 day ago
- Not to be smug, but @SmWltn and I absolutely killed on the Nectar double down offer. #weloveournectarcard 2 days ago
Category Archives: multiphonic
Today’s topic is one of the most beautiful bass clarinet multiphonic effects: the underblown multiphonic. Basically, to create the effect, we use altissimo fingerings, allowing the lower undertones to sneak back in. This is really a follow up post to … Continue reading
Last week I wrote about spectral multiphonics for Bb and bass clarinets and I promised that I’d supply a chart for the contra as well, so here it is. While I’m talking about the contra, I thought I’d just bring … Continue reading
The spectral multiphonic: those elephantine sweeps from low fundamentals, easy to play once you’ve got the hang of it, easy to write, very idiomatic (especially for the bass clarinet), and one of the great clichés of clarinet writing in the … Continue reading
This technique, which follows in the footsteps of two posts, namely that on air noises and the one about playing with only the lower joint, is further dedicated with many thanks to the fantastic composer Johan Svensson, who introduced me to this technique … Continue reading