Donate with Paypal
22. July 2017 – Thierry Tidrow Portrait Concert in Lauenberg, Germany.
24. July 2017 – set with composer Patricia Alessandrini at Cafe Oto, London.
4.-17. September 2017 – hand werk on tour in Israel
29. September 2017 – hand werk play COMMUNIO in Zürich, Switzerland
3. October 2017 – solo show in Gothenburg, Sweden
6. October 2017 – solo show in Copenhagen, Denmark
27. October 2017 – duo recital with Eva Zöllner at York University, UK.
- Strange though this might sound, my sausage sandwich consumption has gone up significantly since I gave up meat. 6 hours ago
- Not to be smug, but @SmWltn and I absolutely killed on the Nectar double down offer. #weloveournectarcard 1 day ago
- The son of my oldest friend in this world, rocking his cape at her PhD graduation.. <3 twitter.com/UofT/status/92… 3 days ago
Category Archives: multiphonic
The effect I’m looking at today is fairly recognisable as something Sciarrino uses extensively, but particularly in his clarinet solo, Let me die before I wake. If you don’t know the piece, it’s worth listening to it, if only because it’ll make … Continue reading
As composers and clarinetists, one thing we know about the clarinet is that its distinctive sound comes in large part from the fact that it only has access to odd partials in the harmonic series. This is all very well … Continue reading
A couple of weeks ago, I did a post on close dyad multiphonics for Bb clarinet, if you haven’t seen that post, you should definitely check it out. With bass clarinet, the theory is basically the same, so I’ve included … Continue reading
This is one of the most beautiful multiphonic effects we have at our disposal, and despite having come across them in many pieces, I’ve been surprised that they aren’t better known. I’ve given a few workshops in Denmark in the … Continue reading