Donate with Paypal
22. July 2017 – Thierry Tidrow Portrait Concert in Lauenberg, Germany.
24. July 2017 – set with composer Patricia Alessandrini at Cafe Oto, London.
4.-17. September 2017 – hand werk on tour in Israel
29. September 2017 – hand werk play COMMUNIO in Zürich, Switzerland
3. October 2017 – solo show in Gothenburg, Sweden
6. October 2017 – solo show in Copenhagen, Denmark
27. October 2017 – duo recital with Eva Zöllner at York University, UK.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Category Archives: performance
Today’s topic is one of the most beautiful bass clarinet multiphonic effects: the underblown multiphonic. Basically, to create the effect, we use altissimo fingerings, allowing the lower undertones to sneak back in. This is really a follow up post to … Continue reading
Last week I wrote about spectral multiphonics for Bb and bass clarinets and I promised that I’d supply a chart for the contra as well, so here it is. While I’m talking about the contra, I thought I’d just bring … Continue reading
The spectral multiphonic: those elephantine sweeps from low fundamentals, easy to play once you’ve got the hang of it, easy to write, very idiomatic (especially for the bass clarinet), and one of the great clichés of clarinet writing in the … Continue reading
My first solo album has just been released on HCR/NMC! Each of the pieces on πτελέα | Ptelea was written in the spirit of intense collaboration: six pieces by six composers from different parts of the globe – the United … Continue reading
This is the first in a series of posts I’ll be writing over the next couple of months, documenting the process in a three-way collaboration between two composers (Mic Spencer and Scott McLaughlin) and one performer (me!). Working simultaneously with two … Continue reading