Donate with Paypal
22. July 2017 – Thierry Tidrow Portrait Concert in Lauenberg, Germany.
24. July 2017 – set with composer Patricia Alessandrini at Cafe Oto, London.
4.-17. September 2017 – hand werk on tour in Israel
29. September 2017 – hand werk play COMMUNIO in Zürich, Switzerland
3. October 2017 – solo show in Gothenburg, Sweden
6. October 2017 – solo show in Copenhagen, Denmark
27. October 2017 – duo recital with Eva Zöllner at York University, UK.
- RT @JackFSheen: Today (I think) I finished a piece for @LCMF_. It’s called ‘Slow motion romantics vol. II’ and will be premiered by @house_… 54 minutes ago
- RT @harrietcdavis: New blog post featuring 5 female musicians who are killing it right now! Ft. @nubya_garcia @Camilla_sax @EspeSpalding @L… 6 hours ago
- On last night's #LateJunction, there was some @fantasticdrfox on the ol' contrabass clarinet. honkhonk. honkhonkhon… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 hours ago
Category Archives: spectral multiphonic
Last week I wrote about spectral multiphonics for Bb and bass clarinets and I promised that I’d supply a chart for the contra as well, so here it is. While I’m talking about the contra, I thought I’d just bring … Continue reading
The spectral multiphonic: those elephantine sweeps from low fundamentals, easy to play once you’ve got the hang of it, easy to write, very idiomatic (especially for the bass clarinet), and one of the great clichés of clarinet writing in the … Continue reading
It’s been a long time since I’ve been able to add something useful to the blog, but I think this will be worth it; not only is this a beautiful effect, but it’s also my very first post on the contrabass clarinet. Composers, try … Continue reading
The effect I’m looking at today is fairly recognisable as something Sciarrino uses extensively, but particularly in his clarinet solo, Let me die before I wake. If you don’t know the piece, it’s worth listening to it, if only because it’ll make … Continue reading