Donate with Paypal
22. July 2017 – Thierry Tidrow Portrait Concert in Lauenberg, Germany.
24. July 2017 – set with composer Patricia Alessandrini at Cafe Oto, London.
4.-17. September 2017 – hand werk on tour in Israel
29. September 2017 – hand werk play COMMUNIO in Zürich, Switzerland
3. October 2017 – solo show in Gothenburg, Sweden
6. October 2017 – solo show in Copenhagen, Denmark
27. October 2017 – duo recital with Eva Zöllner at York University, UK.
- Off to Cambridge to play Written on Skin tonight - I believe I have access to some cheap tickets if I know anyone in the area? 5 hours ago
- RT @LoudAndQuietMag: Baffling and ludicrous, but kidding itself of artistic heft – St. Vincent’s new not-live live show https://t.co/PP4Jb5… 17 hours ago
- RT @koelnmusik: Vor 66 Jahren wurde in Köln das Studio für elektronische Musik gegründet. Daran erinnert heute Google mit einem Doodle. #ko… 17 hours ago
Category Archives: on collaboration & composition
I noticed that this was making the rounds on Twitter again this morning, and I thought that since those women are all deceased, and most of them working before the clarinet was a viable instrument to write for, I’d come … Continue reading
If you follow the blog, you’re probably aware that recently I successfully raised funds with crowdfunding in order to fund a competition for young composers. Here is the first blog post in a series documenting the competition process! The application … Continue reading
A few weeks ago, as part of a week long residency at Bangor University (specifically to play a rockin’ concert with Xenia Pestova and Carla Rees), I was asked to lead a workshop on chamber music performance. I don’t teach … Continue reading
Recently, I’ve been asked to consider the reasons why I participate in composition competitions. I really wanted to address some of the problems with competitions, but instead I’ve just rambled positively about one of my favourite projects in the hope … Continue reading
I finished my PhD last year and wrote rather a lot about the finer points of dialogue in collaborative relationships between performers and composers. Not so long ago, Lauren Redhead wrote an excellent post on her own blog discussing some … Continue reading